Potential bug in Export Crawl Log.

Sep 24, 2009 at 6:13 PM

I have been using this utility over the past week to export errors and warnings which it performed very well, But today when I tried to export the successes using "-mt s " , it exported the same warnings that I got using "-mt w" option.

Has anyone experienced similar problem?

 

Feb 9, 2010 at 12:53 PM

That is really a bug. Looking at the source code will show this:

 

            ' message type filter options are mutually exclusive, last one set wins.
            If arguments.messageType.Contains("s") Then
                clf.AddFilter(MessageType.Warning)
            End If
            If arguments.messageType.Contains("w") Then
                clf.AddFilter(MessageType.Warning)
            End If
            If arguments.messageType.Contains("e") Then
                clf.AddFilter(MessageType.Error)
            End If

 

It should be:

 

            ' message type filter options are mutually exclusive, last one set wins.
            If arguments.messageType.Contains("s") Then
                clf.AddFilter(MessageType.Success)
            End If
            If arguments.messageType.Contains("w") Then
                clf.AddFilter(MessageType.Warning)
            End If
            If arguments.messageType.Contains("e") Then
                clf.AddFilter(MessageType.Error)
            End If

Now we need someone to fix this.

 

Feb 10, 2010 at 8:11 AM

Fixed that issue: http://exportcrawllog.codeplex.com/SourceControl/PatchList.aspx

Someone needs to evaluate that.